Welcome to A Life Examined

What is the examined life? A life worth living! As I look at the road ahead, I take all the baggage from the past and use it as experience - the pain and the passion, the sorrow and the joy - allowing it to carve wisdom into my mind and hope into my spirit.
There is no experience that can't be useful to me at some point in my life. There is no lesson learned that cannot make a contribution to the future.
A tiny drop of water is a part of the ocean. A tiny speck in the night sky is a ginormous star in the distance. It all depends on perspective.
So, this examined life is to offer reflections in the hope of discussing things which are of value to myself and to others.
Love, Sarah






Saturday 24 January 2015

Swan Song: Ultimate Security through total Surrender - Soul to Spirit to Holy Spirit

I have so enjoyed writing this blog and learning and growing through the writing and sharing of it.
I have loved hearing from some of you who've tuned in, sometimes weekly, sometimes occasionally, but sometimes.
Some times change. This is one of those 'sometimes'.

For some time I've known that I should be focusing on fiction writing, living and not so much on sharing on a weekly basis. But it has taken courage to give up the writing of this blog. Now, I know as hard as it is, it's time.
Thank you to Jeannie, most faithful of followers - faithful to me and to our Saviour most of all. Thank you for the nomination for the Liebster Award which you won and then, true to form, you honoured me with a nomination.
Thank you to others, who've said or written their interest, thoughts and/or thanks.
Thank you to Becky Tun and Google for leading me to and providing Blogspot as a platform.
Thank you God for giving me this vehicle to use to share my thoughts and now, for releasing me from the commitment to continue.

As a final post, I'd like to share about my sense of identity and security, where it comes from and where I find my rest.

(Warning: this blog has a lot of God-talk)

Security in Christ:

I've been writing this blog for anyone. Friends - tangible and network - have been invited to join. And in that vein, I've written so as not to pour out religion or politics, though there are some leaks from time to time.

Today, I'll be pouring out about faith. Some call that religion, though I do not. So, if you want to learn what I really, really, REALLY think is the core of our security, here it is: With God all things are possible, when our security is in Jesus we have total assurance and peace, and joy is a gift from the Holy Spirit, who gives spiritual life to those who Believe.

We who have chosen to follow Jesus know in our heads that our security, our assurance, our deepest source of love and acceptance comes from God. But do we always know it in our hearts? There is a difference between our minds being aware of what we have in Christ, and our hearts living the truth of it.

When we receive Jesus and accept him as our Saviour and our Lord, everything he is and has is made available to us. He gives us his Holy Spirit as our comforter and our counselor, our source of power and of peace. But are we living in the fullness of his love, joy, peace, goodness, kindness, gentleness, faith, patience and self-control? Not likely. I'm not, though I long to be. Life is a journey and all these good gifts are available to us and we are in the process of them being perfected in us. That's Biblical and that's fine!

Jesus loves every one of us, just as we are. He is the embodiment of unconditional love and acceptance. And though from time to time we need to learn some things, I've never experienced him to get harsh or condemning, because that's not the sort of person he is. He is our strength. And yet, we haven't perfectly received all he has for us... and wouldn't it be wonderful to have more of his love in us, more of his power perfecting us, more of God's embrace toward us?

How do we do that? ..... We don't. God does. He does it when we ask. That's the whole point of this post: to say that God does all the giving and we the receiving. If we could only grasp that, our perfect security would be ensured.

Each of us knows, in our heart of hearts, that we are not perfect. We who believe and follow Christ know this. And yet those of us who follow Jesus need to live in the awareness that what God sees in us IS PERFECT. We need to recognize that the spirit that is within us, our spirit who has been reborn through Christ, longs to be directed by the Holy Spirit, with our souls surrendered to His Spirit (rather than it's persistence to lead us). God doesn't see the junk we bear. That junk is dead; Father God only looks upon that which He has perfected through His son, Jesus. By His Spirit we are not only alive, but also perfect.

Recently, I had a conversation with a fellow Believer about the living spirit that resides within us. In the Bible, when it mentions 'heart' it is referring to that spirit living within us. There is a clear distinction made between our minds and our spirits. And our spirit is not the same as the Holy Spirit.

Our spirit is just as unique to us as is our mind. It is not our soul (i.e.: mind =  intellect, will, emotions) nor is it the Holy Spirit, although it is the Holy Spirit that brings life through faith in Jesus. It's important to recognize that the spirit that God gave you at conception has been made alive through Jesus (otherwise it's dead as a door nail) and as you surrender your mind/soul to your spirit, there is greater ease in maturing, growing, transcending the insecurities and fears of this life, and in dwelling closer to the Father. With your spirit surrendered to the Holy Spirit, there is deeper communion with God than with our minds. We are saved by grace in either case, but as we yield our minds to our spirit and our spirit to the Holy Spirit, there is freedom and power by His grace and truth.

There is no formula in our journey with God. And you must test my words as you'd test any, by prayer, and the study of God's word. But if you are reading this and your heart is testifying that this is true, go and test it. And, if your mind is getting enraged because you disagree, go and test by studying, not by reading other peoples' writings but by looking into the Word for yourself.

Our security comes from Jesus and his saving love. Our confidence comes from the truth that God loves us unconditionally and sent his son to show us His own character and love toward us. We have the Holy Spirit to show us spiritual matters and the truth in the Bible. But maturity comes from allowing ourselves to be surrendered to God, not only through our mind, but through our spirit that has been made alive through Christ.

God bless.

And remember, this blog, though it may not contain new posts for the foreseeable future, will remain on line. You can visit any time. I will be notified of comments and can reply. And if it is God's will, I will return to post again. In the meantime, "But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold." (Job 23:10)












My website for the Self Publishing House is www.LarusPress.com See posts on wholeness, witness, the Word of God and worship & warfare. Larus Press offers Christian-based books, blogs and literature to inspire, encourage, equip and empower your living spirit.

Also, posting may continue on my LinkedIn Sarah Tun Larus Press profile (but you need to be a member of LinkedIn to access them).





No comments: