Welcome to A Life Examined

What is the examined life? A life worth living! As I look at the road ahead, I take all the baggage from the past and use it as experience - the pain and the passion, the sorrow and the joy - allowing it to carve wisdom into my mind and hope into my spirit.
There is no experience that can't be useful to me at some point in my life. There is no lesson learned that cannot make a contribution to the future.
A tiny drop of water is a part of the ocean. A tiny speck in the night sky is a ginormous star in the distance. It all depends on perspective.
So, this examined life is to offer reflections in the hope of discussing things which are of value to myself and to others.
Love, Sarah






Thursday 16 May 2019

Four Years On: Who's still with me?

Bless you beautiful world, beautiful folk and beautiful GOD.

I awoke twice in the early morning from two different dreams, both about DISCOVERY.

And after having connected to someone yesterday who used to read this blog, I realise it's time to return... to my roots, to my first blog, to my voyage of Discovery.

So much has changed since I was writing this regularly. In 4 years much has changed... about the internet, about the world and about life... even my life.

I've allowed my hair to grow grey. I've moved back to the UK from Canada, via 3 years in Spain. My son is a teen, my husband, Alan Tun, has been ever-faithful to both me and to GOD (and he's grey-haired now too). We're not getting older though, we're getting better... at life, at love and at faith. These are the things that propel us together.

And what has always propelled me, for better or worse, is self-discovery. That's the heart of this blog and that's my heart, even after all these years.

On our 26th Wedding Anniversary

"In returning and rest you shall be saved, in quietness and confidence shall be your strength" is what it says in Isaiah chapter 30, verse 15. Well, I've returned to England (after returning both from ... and formerly to Canada), and I do find that when I rest, am quiet - still, I find strength. I hear direction from GOD when I ask and am patient and still enough to listen, and I have confidence to know I'm in the right place.

I've been doing a lot to build my platform as a writer over these past 5 years. I've decided it's too much for me to handle to make real progress. It would take many words and much detail to outline all the ways I have tried to sell my very well-written books, but in the end, I have decided the authorship is genuine but the career is a hobby. I'm not an authorpreneur (a term coined in the self-publishing world). It just isn't in me.

That's one aspect of discovery.

I also realise my many talents and skills developed over years of hard work lead me to one point: I am most talented as a singer. I have never used it as leverage... but probably should have. Pity. Barbara Streisand and more recently Billy Piper are just two singers who used that gift to propel them into the public. This led them to other accomplishments.

Well, the public eye isn't really what I was striving for. I am an extrovert it is true, but rather a shy one.

But a word of wisdom to others coming after me: If you have a gift, celebrate it and use it for its full value. It is neither exploitation nor manipulative to use something you've been given to lead you to new people, places or platforms. It's a GOD-given tool and opportunity to use. And it will bless others. That simply adds to society, giving joy and delight to the world.

I missed that. So I share it so others won't.

As to this blog? I'm delighted to return. I've posted elsewhere about parenting, politics, faith-values, Hebraic Roots for Christians. I've written and published 5 books, have several other manuscripts, have featured in various on-line literary journals, and ghost-written. I've enjoyed much of this journey. But now I'm returning and resting in this little-known Examined Life blog. My desire is to be read and digested, to hear back from readers, and to enjoy the exchange. I hope to encourage, I aim to be profound, I desire to make the world a little better.

Bless you folk. Share the website with anyone whom you think will like it or will benefit from it (as the two are not always the same). https://sarahtunexaminelife.blogspot.com

And if you've received this, it'd be great for me to know it. Comment or simply email me at laruspress@gmail.com if you prefer. It'd be GREAT to hear from you:)

Thanks!

Sarah😊





www.laruspress.com








No comments: