Welcome to A Life Examined

What is the examined life? A life worth living! As I look at the road ahead, I take all the baggage from the past and use it as experience - the pain and the passion, the sorrow and the joy - allowing it to carve wisdom into my mind and hope into my spirit.
There is no experience that can't be useful to me at some point in my life. There is no lesson learned that cannot make a contribution to the future.
A tiny drop of water is a part of the ocean. A tiny speck in the night sky is a ginormous star in the distance. It all depends on perspective.
So, this examined life is to offer reflections in the hope of discussing things which are of value to myself and to others.
Love, Sarah






Friday 7 October 2011

Eulogy

My cat died today.  Carleton was lovely – young, robust, even tempered, affectionate.  His greatest passion was running, and we let him run.  Perhaps that was our mistake.... because he was struck by a car today, possibly as he was running home to one of us beckoning to him.  How ironic that would be.  He was struck today and the culprit didn’t stop.  Instead a ‘good Samaritan’ lady found him and wrapped him and took him to the vet.  The tags he wore identified him and so we were called.  We went to say ‘goodbye’.

I hate to say ‘goodbye’ to such a dear friend.



Here is his eulogy:

Carleton Tun: you were so lovely, tolerant of our equally robust six year old boy, always ready to play or to cuddle, but especially keen to run.  You dashed out of the house some mornings like a racehorse at the starting gate.  You were quick, strong yet gentle.  Always a keen mouser, if I rescued one from your grip you never complained.  Neighbours loved you.  And I was looking forward to winter as you’d be inside much, much more, to keep me company whilst I typed.  How you liked to sit on my chair; you would allow me to perch in front of you while you stretched across the rear of the seat.

You will be sorely missed.  We were grateful and very blessed to have you in our home.  It was all-too-brief but wonderful to know you. 

We will miss you.

No comments: