Welcome to A Life Examined

What is the examined life? A life worth living! As I look at the road ahead, I take all the baggage from the past and use it as experience - the pain and the passion, the sorrow and the joy - allowing it to carve wisdom into my mind and hope into my spirit.
There is no experience that can't be useful to me at some point in my life. There is no lesson learned that cannot make a contribution to the future.
A tiny drop of water is a part of the ocean. A tiny speck in the night sky is a ginormous star in the distance. It all depends on perspective.
So, this examined life is to offer reflections in the hope of discussing things which are of value to myself and to others.
Love, Sarah






Thursday 25 September 2014

Going Deeper into Self - Part 4 Testimony of Peace


I have peace in my heart because of choices I've made along my way to trust.

How do I make a choice to trust when I've been damaged or hurt in the past? How do I know I can trust? My answer to the pain and hurt I experienced was that I learned to trust a trustworthy person. I learned to trust Jesus.

I trust Jesus, and while it took a longer time, I also trust Yahweh: Father God the maker of Heaven and Earth.

Along my way, I also learned what's in the Bible. I studied for myself, allowing my own mind and heart to look into what the Bible had to say. I learned by experience and answered prayer, to trust what was in that book and to trust the one who inspired it.

I trust the Holy Spirit and the Holy Bible and recognize that the where the Spirit leads there is truth, safety and majesty.

These may seem like sentimental or religious concepts, but they are the truth of my experience.

You know those weight loss images of 'before' and 'after'? Well, in my self image, there is the 'before' and 'after' of my life. While I always had a belief in Jesus as the Son of God, I didn't trust him or know him as a friend and Lord until I was 24.

Before 24 I was an emotional mess. At 24 I had a moment where I said, "If you're there I'll follow you." Then, he gave me a job where there was none, and new hope, and I realized He was there. So, I followed.

Now, at 55, I am following him still.

This time, I have peace in my heart through an international move. My family is moving to Spain (from Ontario, Canada) and I have peace.

Oh, it's busy, exciting and an emotional roller coaster. But it's a wonderful time.

There is a verse (2 actually) in Proverbs in the Bible that says,

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
In All your ways acknowledge Him and He will give you the desires of your heart." Proverbs 3:5,6

I am preparing my family for the move. We have all chosen - even my nine-year-old - to trust this move is for our good and for good purpose in the bigger picture. Our attitude to trust makes it all the easier to make the move, even though moving is up high on the list of stressful circumstances, such as divorce and job loss.

Trust was an initial decision I made 31 years ago. And trust has deepened with each experience, as each experience has proven worthy of trust; every outcome has brought a good end. I've naturally deepened my trust. This has been my journey of some thirty years and so I continue.

Peace in my heart reigns because I choose to trust, every time, the God of the universe.

Best to you for the week. May you have wisdom in each of your decisions, and people worthy of your trust in your life.

Me, taken by my son

Love and God bless to you this week. See you next Thursday... AND:




END NOTE: For those who haven't known me for long, and perhaps for some who have: You might enjoy my other blog:
Life from the Lighthouse -- all about what God shows me when He talks to me and I listen. New posts monthly on the 1st.










My website for the Self Publishing House is www.LarusPress.com where I blog on wholeness, witness, the Word of God and worship & warfare. Larus Press offers Christian-based books, blogs and literature to inspire, encourage, equip and empower your living spirit.
Subscribe to our free newsletter, Soaring Post, with issues every Thursday to equip you for your spiritual walk.




See you next Thursday here at A Life Examined.



No comments: