Welcome to A Life Examined

What is the examined life? A life worth living! As I look at the road ahead, I take all the baggage from the past and use it as experience - the pain and the passion, the sorrow and the joy - allowing it to carve wisdom into my mind and hope into my spirit.
There is no experience that can't be useful to me at some point in my life. There is no lesson learned that cannot make a contribution to the future.
A tiny drop of water is a part of the ocean. A tiny speck in the night sky is a ginormous star in the distance. It all depends on perspective.
So, this examined life is to offer reflections in the hope of discussing things which are of value to myself and to others.
Love, Sarah






Monday 23 April 2012

Path to Freedom

Depression. Anxiety. Fear. You can overcome:
By changing your perspective, by revolutionizing your thinking,
by realising you are acceptable just as you are - without turning yourself inside
out to please or by rejecting yourself by hiding behind a false persona.
A sense that we are unlovable as we are, or that love has been lacking in our lives,
or by experiencing the sadness of expectations unfulfilled - these are some of the
core reasons behind insecurity. When our perspective is changed and we look
instead at what is true in our lives, what is positive and what is affirming, we can turn the road
from dread to peace.
Here's how to begin: find a quiet place, ask God if He's there to reveal himself to you personally.
If you don't believe in God you've nothing to lose. If you do believe in Him you are about to meet Him.
It may take a little time but be patient. He hears and it can take you a little while to develop your eyes and ears for Him. But the precious reward is learning you are loved, deeply and fully.
Next: read some bits from the Bible: anything but here's a start
"It's not by power, nor by might but by My Spirit says the Lord of hosts." Zechariah 4:6 (Old Testament)
Many, many, many people who know God don't really know much about the Holy Spirit. But He knows you and is waiting for you to call him - like making a phone call - and waiting to get his answer.
Finally: cynicism and mockery won't help you. But faith, hope and love will. And the greatest of these is love.
Seeking it? You'll find it.
That's His promise.

I promise. It's what I did. I was a mess of emotional baggage. But I said, "If you're there God, show me." He did, 28 years ago. And now I can tell you about it.

2 comments:

Tom Blubaugh, Night of the Cossack said...

Nice testimony, Sarah.

Unknown said...

Finding a route to enabling my journey be useful to others is my aim. Thanks for the encouragement!