Welcome to A Life Examined

What is the examined life? A life worth living! As I look at the road ahead, I take all the baggage from the past and use it as experience - the pain and the passion, the sorrow and the joy - allowing it to carve wisdom into my mind and hope into my spirit.
There is no experience that can't be useful to me at some point in my life. There is no lesson learned that cannot make a contribution to the future.
A tiny drop of water is a part of the ocean. A tiny speck in the night sky is a ginormous star in the distance. It all depends on perspective.
So, this examined life is to offer reflections in the hope of discussing things which are of value to myself and to others.
Love, Sarah






Friday 16 December 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

These are old expressions and for some, not only archaic but offensive.
For me, they are pleasantries that - at least once a year - we can pass on to those we know well, or
very little, that say in a simple way,
"I've thought of you and want to wish you well!"
Innocent enough I think.  I don't think any culture really takes offense.

So, wishing you a wonderful season.  May you be fortunate enough to have rest, healthy pleasure, and the opportunity to reflect on and appreciate what you have.  May you have someone or someones close to you in heart in your presence, and if not, may you never-the-less not feel lonely.  Alone-ness is sometimes the best opportunity to learn about an amazing individual: yourself.  To mirror-gaze, or naval-gaze, can be fun... and educational.  As a former teacher, I'm always keen to promote learning!

In every event, I wish you well.

(Perhaps I'll find a seasonally suitable picture I can post on another blog post before Christmas.  No promises, but I'd like to try!)

Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just checking to see if this comment box works.
If it does, then you're onto a winner!