Welcome to A Life Examined

What is the examined life? A life worth living! As I look at the road ahead, I take all the baggage from the past and use it as experience - the pain and the passion, the sorrow and the joy - allowing it to carve wisdom into my mind and hope into my spirit.
There is no experience that can't be useful to me at some point in my life. There is no lesson learned that cannot make a contribution to the future.
A tiny drop of water is a part of the ocean. A tiny speck in the night sky is a ginormous star in the distance. It all depends on perspective.
So, this examined life is to offer reflections in the hope of discussing things which are of value to myself and to others.
Love, Sarah






Thursday 19 February 2015

Living in Free-Fall: Part 7 Being spontaneous

Though no one replied last week with their own introspection, I hope it has inspired some private thoughts.

As for me, every day is new. I am reminding myself to live it as a new day, not to get into a routine or to over plan... which, for me is: odd, challenging, tricky, possible. It is possible. I am open to possibilities and people. It's exciting and I embrace it!

Each new day is a gift, isn't it. Has someone already made that a 'famous saying'? It certainly sounds like a cliche. Well, I looked it up and no one famous has penned it - accept on Facebook and other social media. I suppose that expression isn't going to rock anyone's world!

There is an oddity about living in free-fall, which is that having no scripted routine means allowing myself to dig deep and draw from the bottomless well of ideas to discover what to focus on.

To be totally honest, I'm not great at spontaneity. I suppose if I were, I'd have cracked this 'free fall' thing years ago. Recently, my dear hubby said, 'you've got to live what you write'. Yup. Guilty. I aim high and reach for the stars but my arm is relatively short and my grasp is only to the trees. My solution? To start each day with the aim to be vulnerable, exposed, unscheduled, so that who I am gets seen, and what I'm destined to become has room to grow. Does having to remind myself mean I'm failing? I think not. What I do know is that no one won a noble prize without many failures. Living in free-fall means risking failure to give myself opportunity to succeed. I believe allowing myself to be open to the gifts of the day is the route to self-discovery, relational wholeness and perfect interchange between the world, other people and me.

So, I won't write further about free-fall beyond this point. I haven't found any simple answers. What I've found is hope in the smallest moments and in surrender. Experience teaches me that depth of relationship lies in being vulnerable to the ebb and flow of life, rather than in trying to be its master. Free-fall is letting go of control and trusting in my inevitable path. Hard work matters, and is included in free-fall, but that touches on another aspect to life I've only just let go of, and so am not ready to tackle it in a new context. Not just yet, anyway.


Love and God bless to you this week. See you next Thursday... AND:




END NOTE: For those who haven't known me for long, and perhaps for some who have: You might enjoy my other blog:
Life from the Lighthouse -- all about what God shows me when He talks to me and I listen. New posts monthly on the 1st.







My website for the Self Publishing House is www.LarusPress.com where I blog on wholeness, witness, the Word of God and worship & warfare. Larus Press offers Christian-based books, blogs and literature to inspire, encourage, equip and empower your living spirit.
Subscribe to our free newsletter, Soaring Post, with issues every Thursday to equip you for your spiritual walk.




See you next Thursday here at A Life Examined.

No comments: