Welcome to A Life Examined

What is the examined life? A life worth living! As I look at the road ahead, I take all the baggage from the past and use it as experience - the pain and the passion, the sorrow and the joy - allowing it to carve wisdom into my mind and hope into my spirit.
There is no experience that can't be useful to me at some point in my life. There is no lesson learned that cannot make a contribution to the future.
A tiny drop of water is a part of the ocean. A tiny speck in the night sky is a ginormous star in the distance. It all depends on perspective.
So, this examined life is to offer reflections in the hope of discussing things which are of value to myself and to others.
Love, Sarah






Thursday 1 May 2014

A Journey of Love

Larus Press
Creating, writing and sharing An Examined Life is a journey of love and joy for me. And so it is with excitement and sadness that I've decided to suspend the writing on this forum and transfer my efforts to a newsletter called Soaring Post and the blog, LarusWalk - both in conjunction with my publishing website, www.LarusPress.com. I will continue to post weekly, on Thursdays (I think I was born on a Thursday - must explain my affinity for it!), but contrary to what I initially considered, the content will have a different flavour...

This past year - and even from the time I began posting An Examined Life in 2011 - I have experienced sheer delight. I've learned a tremendous amount about communication, the social network and about myself as I've shared with you. I have loved every moment of writing and posting on this 'wall' and want to thank those who've spoken or written to me, publicly or privately, sparked by this blog.

I'd like to thank Google for creating Blogspot - an easy and effective, reliable forum for blogging. I'd like to thank my niece Rebecca Tun for pointing me in the direction of Blogspot (not to mention her savvy experience and help with my first ever website. And for Jeannie Prinsen who has faithfully, consistently dialogued with me on An Examined Life. Thank you!

I'd like to thank time and space and God for giving me the opportunity to post, simply and easily, my ruminations and cogitations.

I've so enjoyed writing like this.

But as Geoffrey Chaucer claimed in 1374, "All good things must come to an end" and so it seems it's time that creating new posts for A Life Examined comes to an end, in its current form and platform at least. I'll keep the blog alive, because I'll refer to it and point to it now and then, from my website: wwwLarusPress.com . There, I'll be blogging on the blog, LarusWalk, through the four components: LarusWalk Wholeness, LarusWalk Witness, LarusWalk Word and LarusWalk Worship&Warfare... as well as through the newsletter Soaring Press. But while I had originally intended to more-or-less carry on A Life Examined from the website, I realize now it is better to move on to new things, while still preserving the former. I hope I won't lose all of you dear readers... friends I've met face-to-face, friends I may never see. In any case, for whatever I've said that has nurtured you, that touched or encouraged your heart, I'm so glad. That is what I've intended to do: to learn and share and grow together, with you.

I shall post next week and forward a message to you as I have always done, and invite you to look at more of my 'scribbling', this time at LarusWalk. But I will also respect any requests I receive to be removed from the group I've established. Please do let me know if you'd prefer to be removed from my list. As well, if it you have a friend you'd like to have included, ask him/her to look us up: www.LarusPress.com

Wherever this next chapter may take us, may it be illuminating and fun for us all.

Me at my lakeside home on L Ontario 
Love and God bless to you this week. See you next Thursday... AND:




END NOTE: For those who haven't known me for long, and perhaps for some who have: You might enjoy my other blog:
Life from the Lighthouse -- all about what God shows me when He talks to me and I listen. New posts monthly on the 1st.










My website for the Self Publishing House is www.LarusPress.com where I blog on wholeness, witness, the Word of God and worship & warfare. Larus Press offers Christian-based books, blogs and literature to inspire, encourage, equip and empower your living spirit.
Subscribe to our free newsletter, Soaring Post, with issues every Thursday to equip you for your spiritual walk.




See you next Thursday here at A Life Examined.

No comments: