Welcome to A Life Examined

What is the examined life? A life worth living! As I look at the road ahead, I take all the baggage from the past and use it as experience - the pain and the passion, the sorrow and the joy - allowing it to carve wisdom into my mind and hope into my spirit.
There is no experience that can't be useful to me at some point in my life. There is no lesson learned that cannot make a contribution to the future.
A tiny drop of water is a part of the ocean. A tiny speck in the night sky is a ginormous star in the distance. It all depends on perspective.
So, this examined life is to offer reflections in the hope of discussing things which are of value to myself and to others.
Love, Sarah






Thursday 9 May 2013

SPEECHLESS


Have you ever wanted to say something but weren't quite sure how to put it? (Aren't bloggers supposed to know precisely what tidbit they have to offer and how to express it?!) Over the past few months I've discovered some wonderful blogs - insightful, well written, heart wrenching (see 'Blogs I follow' links). I'm grateful to my blogging buddies for 2 things: beautiful blog posts and enriching relationship.

Well, this may be my swan song post for this blog because I've discovered something in going weekly:
I'm stunned at what little I have to say of any significance.

I strive to sow positive thoughts and perspective into a world that seems to be spinning out of control... I like to plan and wrestle against being too controlling in my personal life, but the busyness of we folks nowadays seems dizzying! So, I tweet and post to encourage reflection and a positive attitude to whatever comes our way in a day.

As to content of a more significant nature, I seem to be at a standstill today. I am blessed with a loving family: an affectionate son, a hubby that is my best friend, a peaceful home (see the pic of my backyard) and while life isn't perfect (we've no income at present) it is blessed. Good things are ahead: my step daughter has just become engaged to a lovely young man, I'm bound for a short term missions trip with 3 others from my church, I'm in midstream in the writing of an exciting book for girls.

Perhaps unless there is conflict there is little to say. Oh, I don't aspire to conflict! Perhaps I'll just be thankful for the blessings I have and wonder at what I might write about next week.....
Sarah Tun "My Backyard"



5 comments:

Allie MacPhail said...

sounds like speechless is a very good place! but keep written when you feel the words. I really like your writing!

Jeannie said...

I just enjoyed reading about the things you feel blessed with, Sarah!

Sarah Tun said...

Thanks to both Allie and to Jeannie.
I am encouraged. And love what you folks write about too. Perhaps sometimes it's just enough to say, 'I'm grateful'!
May you stay blessed too!

Angie Clifford said...

Sarah really identify with you in this piece. Times I have sat at the laptop and perused, meditated and just palin think thoughts! I do live in a difficult life situation and it is this that keeps the writing flowing most of it comes out of sheer desperation anger and frustration. I will be writingmore on this in my next Blog Post..

sarah tun said...

Angie, we don't force things do we, but just love to share w the desire to inspire others and to make connections. None of us has all the answers, but we aim to share our questions and insights. I love how social net is so often a 'leveller' - an open to meet heart to heart and eye to eye. Thanks for joining in this conversation. S xx