Welcome to A Life Examined

What is the examined life? A life worth living! As I look at the road ahead, I take all the baggage from the past and use it as experience - the pain and the passion, the sorrow and the joy - allowing it to carve wisdom into my mind and hope into my spirit.
There is no experience that can't be useful to me at some point in my life. There is no lesson learned that cannot make a contribution to the future.
A tiny drop of water is a part of the ocean. A tiny speck in the night sky is a ginormous star in the distance. It all depends on perspective.
So, this examined life is to offer reflections in the hope of discussing things which are of value to myself and to others.
Love, Sarah






Tuesday 13 March 2012

Fulfilling Our Purpose:
Each of us has a purpose - whether you call it destiny, plan, design - each of us has something unique to offer while we're here on planet earth. My goal in setting up this blog is to ignite curiosity from those who are not accomplishing what they desire to discover how to do that.
It begins with personal freedom.
Until we are free to express ourselves, to inhabit the planet with our presence without apology, I don't believe we can be who we were designed to be. If we can't live out our design how can be fulfill our mandate?
So, the first step, I believe, is to connect with a source of love that is uncompromising in his/her commitment to us. Unconditional love is what we're all after, and so we need to consciously and diligently seek after that source which will so comfort and affirm us that we can feel confident in ourselves.
That source may come from a pet or a human being. But the only source guaranteed to love us for who we are is God. He designed us so He knows us better than anyone. If you can't run with me on God's identity then you'll need to be open to unconditional love from somewhere else. But nevertheless, the key to finding freedom is the assurance of unconditional love -- love that does not depend on our looks, personality, output or even heredity. But on acceptance for who we are, just as we are, strengths and shortcomings all.

No comments: