Welcome to A Life Examined

What is the examined life? A life worth living! As I look at the road ahead, I take all the baggage from the past and use it as experience - the pain and the passion, the sorrow and the joy - allowing it to carve wisdom into my mind and hope into my spirit.
There is no experience that can't be useful to me at some point in my life. There is no lesson learned that cannot make a contribution to the future.
A tiny drop of water is a part of the ocean. A tiny speck in the night sky is a ginormous star in the distance. It all depends on perspective.
So, this examined life is to offer reflections in the hope of discussing things which are of value to myself and to others.
Love, Sarah






Friday 12 October 2012

Rough day

Today was only slightly better than yesterday and yesterday was just about the worst day I've had in a very long time.
Today I was recovering from yesterday: Metaphorically speaking, I think I managed to fly a little today, though the skies were still dreary and the wind was hard to bear...
A couple very close to us decided they needed time and space from us. Seems I pushed a button I shouldn't have (I am sorry) and they've got enough on their plates and don't want to process anything further.
Ouch!
My son has decided to test boundaries - I guess that never ends - after being a gem for weeks and weeks...
I have too much work, not enough time, company to enjoy and not enough time to enjoy them.
So, although I am tremendously blessed I seem to have temporarily forgotten that, because today was an internally gloomy day.
Every friend is a blessing. My friends who have taken a break from us won't read this. I'm not sure they know this blog exists. But if they do, and if they do, I love you my friends.

Scarlett O' Hara had a great line for an evening like this:
"Tomorrow is another day!"

Be joyful in all circumstances, for with the pain comes the opportunity for a deeper joy to come.
Be grateful for what you have, for it can be gone in an instant.
Be at peace with yourself, even when it means being humbled by others.
Joy, gratitude, peace: valuable gifts to be sought after and cherished.
And of course, God is always beside us, flying when we fly and lifting us up when we tumble.

Be blessed.

6 comments:

Darryl Orrell said...

Time heals all wounds and if they are truly your friends, they will return to you. Your plight reminds me of James 1:2 that states, Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance." Endure the trial for a better day will come and know that an even better day is coming.

Blessings!
Thought of the Week Devotion

Jeannie said...

Sarah, I'm sorry you've had this painful experience. Self-knowledge, greater compassion, maybe even a new stronger relationship with the couple -- all those may come later. For now you just need to be gentle with yourself & them, feel the sadness, and know that God's with you. Love & blessings, Jeannie

Sarah said...

Indeed, thank you for your kindness. The Word of God is always good food for the soul. I aim to be encouraging in every situation.

Sarah said...

Amen and God bless. Thank you for your gracious thoughts.

Journeys of The Zoo said...

Sarah,

You are a lot of things, many more to come I'm sure.

The quote on my (deceased) son's baptism certificate reads "The life and death of each of us has an influence on others 4:17 ROM". I carry it with me everywhere, literally and figuratively.

It was great getting a chance to meet you (all be it briefly) at ShesConnected 2012.

We all have a story. I look forward to reading more about your bragging rights.

Besos, Sarah
Zookeeper at Journeys of The Zoo
http://www.journeysofthezoo.com

Sarah Tun said...

Thank you Sarah! I remember you were gently yet emphatically encouraging at the time we met.
We share an 'old name' don't we. May we also have wisdom of the ages as we jump (high) over the hurdles that (inevitably) come our way.
Best to you! And thanks for your encouraging words above!