Welcome to A Life Examined

What is the examined life? A life worth living! As I look at the road ahead, I take all the baggage from the past and use it as experience - the pain and the passion, the sorrow and the joy - allowing it to carve wisdom into my mind and hope into my spirit.
There is no experience that can't be useful to me at some point in my life. There is no lesson learned that cannot make a contribution to the future.
A tiny drop of water is a part of the ocean. A tiny speck in the night sky is a ginormous star in the distance. It all depends on perspective.
So, this examined life is to offer reflections in the hope of discussing things which are of value to myself and to others.
Love, Sarah






Thursday 9 October 2014

Going Deeper into Self - Part 6 Ode to what is passed


A Poem of Farewell

I bade farewell to fond friendships:
Some exchanged, some too busy to explore -
I know I did my utmost
To receive and give once more.

I came from there and now I'm here; 
I know not when to return.
But in this world of brief encounters -
I've had my share and more.

I love my homeland, O Canada
With people, plans and places
I bade goodbye with many a sigh
And gratitude to the beautiful faces.

Now, as I see: new land is home.
Such interest and so bright;
The sun shines strong, the air is warm
And I'm ready to begin once more.

I was born and raised in Ontario, Canada. After teaching for a few years, I left to study. Eventually, I found long-lasting love in England. Twenty years on, returning with my family to Canada (after extensive travel to all but one continent), I re-engaged with my homeland and its people, loving every precious moment. Five years in Canada have passed pleasantly. I love my culture, its work ethic and easy way with people.

Now, called elsewhere, I've arrived in Spain. How thrilling, how daunting, how surprising to be here!

I stand in the balance between here and there, so grateful for all that has passed, so hopeful for what is to come.

As I begin anew - once more -  I hope I'll be staying for a good, long while. Ready to settle, I hope visitors will come - galore.

Have you ever moved country? It's funny really, but no matter where I live, I've found, I'm always with me. And the more I change location the more I grow, and appreciate my own roots and those of others.

One day, I believe, Heaven will come to the Earth, and with it will be a grand sense of 'arrival'. Until then, we create our own paradise if we appreciate what we have and enjoy ourselves and the people around us.

As for me, I seem to have a habit of landing in lovely locations... Here I am again, on the south coast of Spain, very blessed.

To synthesize, I've learned a bit from the trans Atlantic experiences in my life. I'll summarize my perspective this way:

Enjoy where you are. Never wish to be anywhere other than where you've been placed for this time.
Enjoy who you have in your life. Accept and explore life with those people and places you encounter.
Life is full of surprises... and each person is a blessing to your life. Take on board the opportunities you have for relationship
, and don't delay; you never know how quickly circumstances may change, and you don't want to regret the exchanges that 'might have been'.

Next week, I plan to share this new journey with you... twists, turns, surprises and all.

Love and God bless to you this week. See you next Thursday... AND:




END NOTE: For those who haven't known me for long, and perhaps for some who have: You might enjoy my other blog:
Life from the Lighthouse -- all about what God shows me when He talks to me and I listen. New posts monthly on the 1st.










My website for the Self Publishing House is www.LarusPress.com where I blog on wholeness, witness, the Word of God and worship & warfare. Larus Press offers Christian-based books, blogs and literature to inspire, encourage, equip and empower your living spirit.
Subscribe to our free newsletter, Soaring Post, with issues every Thursday to equip you for your spiritual walk.




See you next Thursday here at A Life Examined.

No comments: